One of the Sounds of Aloha's most popular events is our annual Hawaii Singing Valentines! We've taken the singing telegram concept to a new level and warmed many a heart.
You can arrange for a barbershop quartet to serenade your sweetheart in person, at an available Oahu location and a time range of your choosing. The quartet will perform two a cappella love songs and deliver a silk rose and a card bearing your personal message. Want to see what we're talking about and maybe get some ideas? Check out some past news coverage:
- Some highlights, including photos and videos, from 2017;
- The quartet Resonance's 2012 appearance on the KGMB Hawaii News Now morning show;
- This Hawaii News Now story from 2010 about a Singing Valentine a man sent to his wife;
- This 2009 story from KHNL New 8 about a Singing Valentine a woman sent her husband; and
- A KHON TV story from 2009 about a Singing Valentine delivered to a teacher at her school.
We can perform at a residence, a workplace, a restaurant, a school, a hospital... you name it. We've sung for whole families, neighborhoods, coaching staffs, classes, and company parties, in addition to individuals, from high schoolers to senior citizens. For a relatively modest fee you can arrange for delivery within a two-hour window of time. For a little extra you can arrange a more specific time. Evening delivery to a Waikiki location also costs a bit extra. Our normal in-person delivery region extends as far as Kapolei in West Oahu, Wahiawa in Central Oahu, and from Waimanalo to Kaneohe on the Windward side. Depending on quartet availability and travel route, we may be able to fulfill a request outside of that area, again for a nominally higher fee. And we even can deliver songs by phone or video!
Quartets typically are available on Valentine's Day itself and on one or several days before then. When the dates and prices for 2018 are finalized they will be posted here.
The easiest way to book your Hawaii Singing Valentine is by using our online form, which also will be found on this page. But please feel free to contact us by webform, phone, or email if:
- You would like to touch base with us longer in advance;
- You'd like to discuss your booking in person with an SOA representative; or
- You're interested in booking a quartet or the whole chorus for a different occasion!
Hawaii Singing Valentines are subject to the availability of a quartet for the time you may want, and our phones typically get very busy in the last few days before Valentine's Day. The more flexible the window of time you give us, and the earlier you place your order, the better!